Pinxit, whose title refers to the Latin term meaning “painted by,” is organized by the themes of Ryden’s major exhibitions—The Meat Show, Bunnies & Bees, The Tree Show, and so on—and includes collected essays by Yoshitomo Nara, Carlo McCormick, and others, and a new essay by culture critic Kristine McKenna. Ryden’s paintings and drawings are reproduced using the finest technique available, and over a dozen of the paintings are foldouts that open to a staggering 150 cm (59 inches) across.
• Limited to 1,000 individually numbered copies, each signed by Mark Ryden
• Printed on archival-quality paper
• Quarter-bound book with leather spine
• Front cover features gold-relief embossing crafted by the master printers at Pressure Printing
• Comes in a clamshell box covered in cloth fabric
Images courtesy of Taschen