Pinxit’s title refers to the Latin term meaning “painted by.” The Taschen publication organizes a thematic selection of Ryden’s major exhibitions such as The Meat Show, Bunnies & Bees, and The Tree Show as well as including collected essays by Yoshitomo Nara, Carlo McCormick, and a new essay by culture critic Kristine McKenna. Ryden’s paintings and drawings are reproduced using the finest technique available, and over a dozen of the paintings are foldouts that open to a staggering 150 cm (59 inches) across.
• Limited to 1,000 individually numbered copies, each signed by Mark Ryden
• Printed on archival-quality paper
• Quarter-bound book with leather spine
• Front cover features gold-relief embossing crafted by Pressure Printing
• Comes in a clamshell box covered in cloth fabric
Images courtesy of Taschen